Monday, January 15, 2018

The Frankenpages - Page 1

One bit of silliness I've been working on is a Reds Frankenset. Except I only use doubles. Luckily, I have thousands of doubles, coming from a combination of buying big lots, not keeping good records when I'm COMC hunting, people shipping me trade packages, and me buying cards I know I have but they're in a dime box and should be fifty cents or a dollar so I buy them for no reason. This has lead to a cartoonish amount of doubles. So my cartoonish Frankenset is set up as follows:

One full page of each number 1-99 (THE FRANKENPAGES)

Three cards each of numbers 100-198

One card each of numbers 199-801.

I've got some gaps, but it's pretty good-lookin. I replace as needed to create the best page possible, based on absolute nonsense criteria. Here's Frankenpage number 1:


2008 Allen & Ginter Framed Relics #AGR-AD1 Adam Dunn
1985 Topps #1 Pete Rose
1990 Fleer League Standouts #1 Barry Larkin
2012 Leaf The Living Legend #1 Pete Rose
2006 Fleer Ultra RBI Kings #RBI1 Ken Griffey Jr.
2005 Donruss Leather and Lumber #1 Adam Dunn
2005 Donruss Team Colors #TC-1 Adam Dunn 142/800
2005 Donruss Leather and Lumber Great Gloves #GG-1 Austin Kearns 1273/2000
1991 Upper Deck Final Edition #1 Reggie Sanders/Ryan Klesko

Go Reds,

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool! I like Frankensets and seeing a bunch of designs together, especially ones I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea! Can't say I've ever seen a frankenset with entire number-centric pages like yours. Looking forward to more of these posts.

    ReplyDelete