Sunday, January 21, 2018

Accidental Rainbow - 2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects Carlos Contreras

I do not hunt for rainbows. Too expensive and ultimately futile with the 1/1s. But parallels of this card kept popping up for cheap. I realized I had a bunch so I've made a slight effort to find more. I kinda like it now, even though I have no particular affinity for Carlos Contreras. He pitched 47.1 innings for the Reds from 2014 to 2015 with a bloated 5.51 ERA. He was only 17 when he joined the Reds Rookie League team and only 23 when he debuted in the Bigs. But we released him after 2015, he took 2016 off, and was last seen pitching in 9 games in a Mexican league. Ah well. His career will live on in my binders.

Here's my collection of 2014 Bowman Chrome Prospects Carlos Contreras.


Carbon Fiber /10
Silver Wave /25
Red Wave /25
Pink Wave /65
Green /75
Bubble /99
Purple /150
Blue /250
Blue Wave


Refractor /500
Base
Black Wave


Base Auto
Refractor Auto /500

Blue Auto /150

For the non-autos I need the Gold /50, the Black Static /35, the Orange /25, the Shimmer /15, the Red /5, the Superfractor /1 and all the plates. So I'm not even close. But I do enjoy the chrome page. And this card didn't appear in the non-chrome Bowman sets, thus making a true rainbow twice as easy. Of course, my cheapness is the real obstacle.

Go Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment