Tuesday, January 23, 2018

COMC Vintage

Stupid, sexy COMC. Taking all my money in exchange for a few square inches of happiness. Among the latest haul was some team-set-completing 70's goodness. Here they be.

1977 O-Pee-Chee Pete Rose. Yes, yes, and yes. The toughest Red from the set by far, of course. I usually don't like spending a fiver on a single card, but exceptions are made for vintage Canadian Pete Roses, obviously. 1977 OPC Reds team set COMPLETE.

1974 O-Pee-Chee Tony Perez. I'm not even close to finishing the '74 Chee set. They seem to go for more than I feel they should. Must've been a shorter print run. Though this Hall of Fame card was a buck forty-four. Decent.

1977 Hostess Cesar Geronimo, Gary Nolan. Geronimo is the underappreciated starter from the Big Red Machine teams. Gary Nolan was an underappreciated starting pitcher from the Big Red Machine (110-67 as a Red). Plus, I guess the Nolan is a short print, explaining its elusiveness. 1977 Hostess team set COMPLETE.

1976 Kellogg's Clay Carroll. There are two variations of this card. One has a Reds logo on the back. The other has a White Sox logo, since he spent 1976 in Chicago. I snagged the White Sox logo, thinking I had the Reds logo. Nope. Good job, Red Cardboard.

1976 Hostess Tony Perez, Johnny Bench. I don't even need to comment on these. They are excellent. Bonus: The Johnny Bench comes with its own 40-year-old Twinkie stains. 1976 Hostess team set COMPLETE.

Go Reds.

2 comments:

  1. All good stuff. I need get going on some OPC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find myself spending more and more time and money on COMC as the winter days roll on this year.

    ReplyDelete