Thursday, August 21, 2014

Completely Red: 2007 Topps/Topps Update Base and Red Back

The flagship's 2015 design has been released, and they delightfully dropped the all-white border. We need to go all the way back to 2007 for the last time that happened, thus the impetus for today's post.

Now I like these, but I'm partial to the red/black combo. The quartet of quartets of squares is odd, but whatever. I can ignore em. As for the 'red back' parallel, these were seeded into hobby boxes. I don't know why. I also don't know why I've collected them, but lo, here we are. I fortunately have found them all, so I can close that minor chapter of the Red Cardboard Collector Diary. I don't actually have a diary, by the way. Oh wait. I guess I do. And you're reading it. Weirdo.

Of note is this set contains one of my favorite cards of all-time, Scott Hatteberg.

STATS:

Cards - 28

RC's - 5 (Jared Burton, Homer Bailey, Jon Coulangus, Marcus McBeth, Brad Salmon)

All Stars - 8 (Bronson Arroyo, Edwin Encarnacion, Alex Gonzalez, Brandon Phillips, Ken Griffey Jr., Adam Dunn, Eric Milton, Josh Hamilton)

Reds Hall of Famers - 1 (Ken Griffey Jr.)

Arroyo Crotch Shot - Affirmative

Checklist:

   30 Bronson Arroyo 
   58 Todd Coffey 
   84 Elizardo Ramirez 
   112 Jeff Conine 
   117 David Ross 
   194 Edwin Encarnacion 
   222 Scott Hatteberg 
   237 Cincinnati Reds 
   254 Jerry Narron MG 
   353 Kyle Lohse
   384 Alex Gonzalez
   414 Brandon Phillips
   450 Ken Griffey Jr.
   476 Aaron Harang
   520 Adam Dunn
   539 Eric Milton
   554 Elizardo Ramirez
   566 Ryan Freel
   571 Norris Hopper
   625 Josh Hamilton 
         644 Jared Burton          U58 David Weathers
         U149 Homer Bailey (RC)
         U170 Jon Coutlangus (RC)
         U195 Marcus McBeth (RC)
         U200 Brad Salmon RC
         U230 Ken Griffey Jr.
         U323 Jorge Cantu

Go Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment