Thursday, August 18, 2016

Autograph Goodness: George Foster, Kenny Kelly, Freddy Benavides, Bill Gullickson

George Foster. You know who George Foster is. I actually already had an IP Foster auto, but it was on one of those K-Mart Topps throwback cards and I never liked those. This was so inexpensive I performed a very rare replacement. My favorite Foster fact is that he was the only player in the entire 1970's decade to hit 50+ home runs in a season. Let's hope the veteran's committee puts him and Davey Concepcion in the Hall of Fame together.

Kenny Kelly played 26 lifetime games for three teams (Rays, Reds, Nationals). Seven of them were with the Reds in '05. He went 3 for 9. Decent.

Freddie Benavides played in 4 seasons for the Reds, Rockies, and Expos. His first two seasons were right after the Reds 1990 World Series, hitting .246 in 98 games.

Bill Gullickson started 64 games for the Reds in '86-'87 amidst a 14-year career with the Expos, Reds, Yankees, Astros, and Tigers. He was 2nd in Rookie of the Year voting in 1980 and finished with 162 career wins.

Go Reds.

2 comments:

  1. Did you purchase that Foster signed or send it to him with a fee? I need that one for the Action Packed set I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've noticed. The Action Packed cards look great with autos

    ReplyDelete