Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Maury Fisher Signed Photo


I picked this up on the 'bay for a buck ninety-nine recently. It's a baseball card-sized photo of Maury Fisher, signed, and dated on the back as 1955. I had never heard of Maury Fisher, and for good reason. After signing with the Reds in 1949, he got into one game, in 1955, and pitched 2.2 innings, giving up two runs and striking out one batter. This would be his only big league appearance. 

There has only been one card produced of Fisher, a 1971 sixteen-card set called Aldana Yesterday Heroes, crudely made by some dude and meant to showcase players who never had a card before.

So this is about as good as a collector can hope for in terms of some Maury Fisher swag. I'm glad I found this, else I never would have known about the guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment