Saturday, April 21, 2018

New Stupid Project Alert

Since I'm stagnating on the ol' Reds Collection, why not throw money at other things? Like vintage. Sweet, sweet vintage.

The goal: The World's Cheapest Vintage Frankenset.

The rules:
1) No condition is too poor
2) Spend no more than a dime on 70's
3) Spend no more than a quarter on 50's and 60's

Splendid. I went to a small show this morning, hoping someone there had shitty vintage. Someone did. About 800 busted up cards, 500 or so from 70-75, the rest from earlier. I bought them all for $80.


Bonus Reds goodies in the back. Looking forward to a lazy Sunday of sorting tomorrow.

Go Reds.

5 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. How big a Frankenset would you do? 660?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a bunch of beat-up late 60's to trade. Send me an email - borosny at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a super fun project! Great idea to spice things up.

    ReplyDelete