Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Baseball Cards and Snarky Comments

Title says it. Let's roll.

This is one of them short print 53's. I'm still missing three. They're too expensive for my liking. I don't even remember how I came across this one in such good condition.

Actually pulled this one myself from a Target blaster. It's probably worth a million dollars.

These are both serial numbered out of numbers I can't remember. I think they might have been Photoshopped and not, in fact, photographed with a hundred year old camera.

Not a card, but still worth a binder spot. Picked this up from an AUTHENTIC SKYLINE CHILI RESTAURANT. There are two types of people. 1) People from Cincy who recognize Skyline as a superior foodstuff and 2) People who think it looks like diarrhea and don't understand why it's being put on spaghetti and also thinks there is too much cheese involved. Group 1 is smart and attractive. Group 2 is subhuman.

More scheduley goodness. This one from 1974, and pretty lame. But, you know, vintage.

Purple and blue. All three of these guys are gone. But that's okay, because we have Kevin Quackenbush.


Does anyone out there not love 90's parallels?

Early 2000's parallels, however, meh. I think these are both /100, yet really without value.

Hmm, yes. The Pokey Reese RC definitely needed reprinted with gold trimming. Hey, 3 Pokey sightings this post!

I bought a 2008 Kahn's Reds set from eBay. Then I realized I already had the set. THEN I realized I DIDN'T have this promo card from the set that doesn't show up on the checklist. This is a Lou Gehrig Reds card. I SAID, THIS IS A LOU GEHRIG REDS CARD. Badass, and now one of my favorite cards.

Go Reds.

3 comments:

  1. I remember going to Cincy a few years back and trying the chili at three different restaurants. Skyline was my favorite, but the other two (which I can remember) were pretty darn good, too.

    ReplyDelete