Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My Collection Is Huge, So I Added To It - Part 1: Vintage

Yep. That seems to be the pattern. "Man, I have a lot of cards. I should buy more." I don't even need to tell you where these came from either. ROLL 'EM.

1977 Fritsch One Year Winners Joe Brovia. 21 games, 18 at bats, 2 hits in one season. My first card of Brovia, as only 5 exist.

1975 Hostes Tony Perez. Not mangled.

1970-something Burger Chef Discs Gary Nolan. Bought due to the gorilla. No regrets.

1963 Jello Vada Pinson. Miscut kinda badly.

1956 Topps Rudy Minarcin White Back. I had the gray back, Now I have both. Boom.

1960 Fleer Lloyd Waner. Only played in Cincy for one of his 18 seasons. Fleer chose to show him as a Red because Fleer is rather rebelious.

1970 MLB Photostamps Alex Johnson, Bobby Tolan. I had one from this set. It inspired me to buy more. It was lonely.

1962 Topps Green Tint Johnny Klippstein. That's four of six Reds green tints.

How about an O-Pee-Chee closer? Second-year Perez is a big get. Any Pete Rose is a huge get. Also, those 1970's are totally different cards. I swear.

Go Reds.

3 comments:

  1. Are those 69 MLB photo stamps or 71 Dell stamps. Does Alex J. Have Angels logo on back.

    ReplyDelete