Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Completely Red: 1995 Fleer Emotion

Nice 200 card set, full-bleed, on double-thick stock, The vibrant photography is nice, but I feel there was a missed opportunity with the cropping. Everything is a bit too close. Still quality, though.

And I don't quite know what's the deal with the large-font descriptors on which they decided. I mean, obviously Reggie Sanders was known for his PLANNING. And Ron Gant for his THUNDER. And when I think of a devastating HEATER, I immediately think of Pete Schourek, I guess in the 90's minimalism wasn't quite a popular consideration, so they needed to fill some space with something XTREME. But these cards would definitely be a lot better without them.

STATS:

Cards - 7

RC's - 0

All Stars - 5 (Bret Boone, Ron Gant, Barry Larkin, Reggie Sanders, John Smiley)

Hall of Famers - 1 (Barry Larkin)

Reds Hall of Famers - 1 (Barry Larkin)

The Gamut of Emotions - Complete


Checklist:

115  Bret Boone
116  Ron Gant
117  Barry Larkin
118  Deion Sanders
119  Reggie Sanders
120  Pete Schourek
121  John Smiley

Go Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment