Monday, August 31, 2026

Newly Acquired Bengals Vintage Oddities

A super generous TCDB user hooked me up with some old Bengals stuff. Some stuff I'd never seen before. Some storage-nightmare stuff. Lots of stuff. Here's some of it.

 
1976 Pepsi Discs, unpunched. Both Pepsi and Coke had plants in the Cincy area, which resulted in some nice local releases over the years. This set has 40 cards, 20 of which are Bengals. I had 4 of em, punched out. Now I have all 20, unpunched. Huge. 
 
 
 
 
1976 Town Talk Bread Ken Riley. 1971 Kellogg's Jess Phillips, Mike Reid. Scanner cut Riley's top off. The only difference between the Town Talk and Wonder Bread sets are "Town Talk" in place of "Wonder" on the back. 
 
 
1982 Kellogg's, panel and individuals. Not vintage, really, but I'm a sucker for 80's-90's grocery store cards.



1977 Topps Mexican. Tough cards to come by. And all in great shape. I'm also a sucker for Spanish or French on my cards. According to some article from a couple years ago, only 39 people have put together this entire set. I only have 522 to go!
 

 
1971 NFLPA Wonderful World Stamps. These were re-released in 1972, with only a small change in font boldness on one line on the back. These old eyes struggled to decipher. 
 


70's Fleer/Kellogg's stickers up top. 1983 NLF Huddles, 1990 British Petroleum in the middle. 1993 Cardz Flintstones on the bottom. E C L E C T I C.

  
1990 Topps Wax Box full panel. David Fulcher makes this a Bengals collectible, but I'd've taken it no matter who was on it. Love wax box cards.
 
 


1986 DairyPak NFL Superstars Cris Collinsworth, all 7 variations. Not technically a food release, as DairyPak in Ohio made packaging for dairy products, not the dairy products themselves. They also misspelled Cris' first name, but that's ok.

Who Dey, baby. Let's get this season going.
 
Go Redlegs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment