Friday, August 21, 2026

1979-80 Topps Basketball Complete Set AKA May The Shorts Be With You

Just wrapped this set up with Julius Erving being the final card. This is a very obtainable set. Only 132 cards. But 33 Hall of Famers. Erving and Kareem are the standouts. Alex English is the only Hall of Fame RC, hence the getabilityness. 

I remember buying the Rick Barry for a dollar at a flea market in the early 90's. I thought it was so cool to have so old of a card. I realize now that that would've been only 15 years prior. "Oh wow, a 2011 Topps card! So vintage! Grab my top loaders!" But what a great homage to the granny-style free throw. Somebody must have the guts to do this now.

Here's the whole set. The shorts are short, yet plentiful. 

mm

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And a peak at the rear... 

 

Go Redlegs. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on completing this set! I like the design and some of the action shots. I've never considered building this set, but I do own a few singles. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete