Sunday, March 25, 2018

Bustin' Makes Me Feel Good

Hey let's bust some retail, shall we? Because money is stupid.

With apologies to Ray Parker Jr.

Whatdowegot? A 2018 Donruss blaster. A 2018 Opening Day cheapo blaster. A 20 pack repack.


It looks better like this. The hit from the repack was pretty decent. Future Hall of Famer Edgar Martinez, whose scan somehow vanished. You can see it on the pile though. I'm ignoring the mini-figures and the Topps Big because they don't fit in regular pages and I hate them.

But on to the most important part... NEW REDS.
There are 5 Reds in the 200-card 2018 Opening Day base set and 4 Reds Mascots in the 25-card Mascot insert set. Makes sense to me. The shiny Votto is from the fancypack in the Donruss box. And why was I happy to pull a Reds Rediscover Topps? Because I'm insane.

Here's a bunch from the Donruss box. Pretty good acutally, including a Kluber /49, a Harper /386, and a Goldschmidt /149.

Piled up some Reds dupes and some Reds in the wrong unis.

Two GOLD REDISCOVER TOPPSES. SUPER RARE! I guess. The Berkman/Oswalt might actually fetch a premium.

And a shit-ton of silly inserts, naturally.




Go Reds.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what they're doing with Panini Donruss these days. It's weird ... and not all that repulsive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually like it. They gotta get logo rights, man.

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty decent retail haul..it almost makes me want to head over to Target and try my luck. But I doubt I could do better than an Edgar relic, a bunch of low numbered/shiny parallels, and a Judge RC. Plus the buybacks. I think the Posey OD blue looks better than the Hoffman and Bogaerts. Those spikes in the background are just strange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah 2017 topps parallels were a failed and scrapped experiment hopefully. My follow-up retail splurge wasn't nearly as fruitful.

      Delete