Thursday, February 11, 2016

Holy Crap It's The Oddball World Cup Finals! VOTE!

We did it. Forty years of wandering through the oddball desert, peppering votes along the way, and we've reached the promised land. We began with 96 oddities in 16 groups of 6. Each group had 15 matches. Then the 32 team brackets were set, for which we've gone through 30 of the 31 matches. That's nearly 2000 votes cast. Gracious me. Good job by you.

Now, for the championship. As perhaps expected, the Big Red Machine has reigned supreme. We have Davey Concepcion vs. George Foster. And they are two of my favorite cards in the tourney.

I'm gonna leave voting open for 3 days instead of the usual 2. It is the finals, after all.

Here are the brackets/standings. Voting closes Sunday. Go Reds.

Finals Match: 1982 Squirt Dave Concepcion vs. 1981 Drake's George Foster

4 comments:

  1. Tough vote, but I had to go with the Drake's card I've had for 35 years...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh man, you plucked one straight from the cake bag? niiice.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. it was my favorite from the beginning. i'm glad most of you seem to agree.

      Delete