Saturday, September 19, 2015

New Thing: Opening Day Binder - Part 1

I'd referenced this a while ago. In desperate attempt to find use for my Reds doubles, I've started a new binder with a page dedicated to the Opening Day starters for as many years as I can muster. I've decided that I love this project. I've been filling in gaps at a nice pace. Fast enough that I can go ahead and make it a running theme. Here is a random smattering of five pages, with accompanying Opening Day results. You'll note the layout of the page is as close as I can get to an aerial shot of the field arrangement. I like it.

2000
April 3rd, Cinergy Field: Reds 3 Brewers 3. Yes, an Opening Day tie due to a 3 hour rain delay after 5 1/2 innings. Boo. Home run from Michael Tucker. Also appearing: Scott Sullivan.

1986
April 7, 1986, Riverfront Stadium: Reds 7 Phillies 4. Eric Davis, Dave Parker home runs, 1 earned run from Mario Soto. W - Mario Soto, L - Steve Carlton. Also appearing: Eddie Milner, Ron Robinson.

2014
March 31, 2014, Great American Ball Park: Cardinals 1 Reds 0. Todd Frazier gets 2 of Reds' 3 hits. W - Adam Wainwright, L - Johnny Cueto. Also appearing in the game: Chris Heisey, Manny Parra, Logan Ondrusek, Roger Bernadinha.

1993
April 5, 1993, Riverfront Stadium: Reds 2 Expos 1. Chris Sabo home run, 8 shutout innings from Jose Rijo. W - Jose Rijo, L - Dennis Martinez. Also appearing: Cesar Hernandez, Tim Costo, Rob Dibble.

2010
April 5, 2010, Great American Ball Park: Cardinals 11 Reds 6. Joey Votto, Scott Rolen home runs, 2 RBI from Brandon Phillips. W - Chris Carpenter, L - Aaron Harang. Also appearing: Drew Stubbs, Miguel Cairo, Juan Francisco, Johnny Gomes, Mike Lincoln, Daniel Ray Herrera, Nick Masset.

Go Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment