Thursday, May 14, 2015

Random New Things

Good ol' eBay. Search 'Cincinnati Reds', sort by 'Price + Shipping: lowest first', put in 1,000 cheapo bids on cards I don't have, win 5 of em. It's a time-tested strategy. Here are the latest.

2013 Gypsy Queen Mini Sepia Ryan Ludwick #'d/50. This is my first serial numbered mini. Probably because I don't actively seek out minis. Good lookin' card, though.

1997 Best Autograph Andre King. King never made the majors and he only spent one season with the Reds' farm system (with the fantastically named Winston-Salem Warthogs). Luckily, this was one of the years Best was tooling around the minors getting autographs. I'll take it.

2011 Topps Chrome X-fractors Travis Wood. 25 cents. Free shipping. Yup.

1992 Upper Deck Bench Morgan Heroes #45. I need two more cards from this set. It's only been 23 years. Give me a break.

2002 Topps 206 Mini Polar Bear Back Ken Griffey Jr. Open with a mini, close with a mini. My first mini Griffey, I believe. I have no idea how rare the Polar Bears are compared to the others. I am also not interested in knowing.

Go Reds.

1 comment: