Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Completely Red: 1989 Topps/Topps Traded

Pretty standard Topps stuff here. I have decent memories of the set. Had a ton of em, of course. I had started collecting in '91, so these were old news by then. By '93 you could get a shoebox full of 'em at a flea market for a few bucks. I might've had a complete set and not known it. Or at the very least, a complete set minus the stars. I really like the Leaders subset. I got a kick out of trying to guess which players were the stat leaders on each team. My favorite from the Reds set is the Sabo ASR, followed closely behind by Kent Tekulve lookin' fly in those shades.

STATS:

Cards - 33

RC's - 4 (Rob Dibble, Jack Armstrong, Chris Sabo, Norm Charlton)

All Stars - 14 (John Franco, Rob Dibble, Tom Browning, Jack Armstrong, Eric Davis, Danny Jackson, Bo Diaz, Chris Sabo, Pete Rose, Barry Larkin, Paul O'Neill, Norm Charlton, Ken Griffey, Kent Tekulve)

Hall of Famers - 1 (Barry Larkin)

Reds Hall of Famers - 7 (Ken Griffey, Eric Davis, Jose Rijo, Tom Browning, Barry Larkin, Chris Sabo, Ron Oester)

Checklist:

16 Ron Robinson
45 Kal Daniels
103 Tim Birtsas
111 Cincinnati Reds TL - Eric Davis
135 Jose Rijo
151 Terry McGriff
172 Frank Williams
234 Tom Browning
264 Rob Dibble RC
290 John Franco
317 Jack Armstrong RC
330 Eric Davis
366 Herm Winningham
395 Danny Jackson AS
422 Bo Diaz
446 Rob Murphy
490 Chris Sabo RC
505 Pete Rose MG/TC
515 Barry Larkin
554 Nick Esasky
604 Paul O'Neill
626 Jeff Reed
644 Lloyd McClendon
666 Randy St.Claire
685 Jeff Treadway
711 Candy Sierra
730 Danny Jackson
737 Norm Charlton RC
772 Ron Oester
9T Todd Benzinger
40T Ken Griffey Sr.
74T Rick Mahler
116T Kent Tekulve

Go Reds.

1 comment:

  1. I love this set. I love Larkin and Esasky both have that teal-shirted guy in the background, I love Danny Jackson stretching on his All-Star card, I love Treadway's angelic batting helmet, and I lurve that Pete Rose manager card above all. An underrated set for sure.

    ReplyDelete