Thursday, April 10, 2014

2013 Panini Elite Status Die Cut Signatures Scott Brattvet /50

Every so often on eBay I troll around for some Reds autos. If one is cheap, I'll put in a token bid and forget about it, since it usually gets outbid and falls into archives. I saw this one, put a dollar bid on it, and lord have mercy, no one else wanted it. Shipping was only 60 cents, and the sale price was 99 cents, so if my math is right (and it better be, considering what I do), that's $1.59 for a nice auto. Bonus: I didn't even realize it was serial numbered out of 50 until it came in the mail. That ain't bad at all.

Now who is this Scott Brattvet fellow? I don't actually know. Some quick research says he was drafted by the Reds in 2013 out of Cal State Bakersfield. He pitched 17 games in relief for the Billings Mustangs in the Rookie League that year, getting 20 strikeouts with a 5.35 ERA. He graduated to the Low-A Dayton Dragons and has closed three of the Dragons' six games so far this season, giving up just one run in his three innings. Here's hoping he turns into something special.

Go Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment