Saturday, March 22, 2014

Completely Red: 2000 Ultra

Here's another random complete set for your eyeballs. 2000 Ultra looks like what people in the 1980's thought things from the 2020's would look. As in, I'm getting a big Tron feel from the script.

The set consisted of 300 cards, of which the last 50 were prospect short prints. This was an early use of this short print annoyance and it's too bad it didn't fade away. (Un)Fortunately, the Reds only had one worthy prospect in the short prints, Travis "Gookie" Dawkins, and it was acquired without even me realizing it was one until this post.

On another note: how sweet is that Dmitri Young card?

STATS:

Cards - 9

RC's - 1 (Travis Dawkins)

All Stars - 6 (Dmitri Young, Scott Williamson, Sean Casey, Pete Harnisch, Greg Vaughn, Barry Larkin)

Reds Hall of Famers - 2 (Barry Larkin, Sean Casey)

Jeff Bridgeses in Blue Spandex Suits - 0


Checklist:

21 Pokey Reese
31 Dmitri Young
39 Scott Williamson
64 Sean Casey
74 Eddie Taubensee
128 Pete Harnisch
148 Greg Vaughn
157 Barry Larkin
285 Travis Dawkins PROS SP

Go Reds.

2 comments:

  1. I also have the Gookie Dawkins card, and I also did not realize that the prospect cards were short-printed. I'm guessing I'm not going to make a fortune off a short-printed Gookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when a team set perfectly fits multiples of 9 (pocket pages).

    ReplyDelete