Wednesday, March 12, 2014

2x3 Hero of the Day

Many of you have been posting your Christmas(ish)-time gifts from 2x3 Heroes. Well let me add to the list of blogs heralding the man's generosity. First, we'll start with a barrage of highlights.

All of these are top quality cards of top quality players. Golds, inserts, oddballs. Great stuff. They are all, however, doubles. BUT. Who couldn't use more glorious Reds goodness, right? Speaking of doubles...


Here is a scan of 1) How generous 2x3 was with the package and 2) How many damn Reds cards I already have. Luckily, there were some goodies from the piles I did NOT have, heretofore know as "The Best Cards of the Lot".

2011 Topps Black Aroldis Chapman RC. Love this parallel. Red and black is nice. Chapman RC's are nice. The horizontal photo is nice. This is nice.

2011 Topps Kimball Champions Tom Seaver. What's nice about this is that I didn't know I needed it. I thought I had finished the Kimball Reds set. I was wrong. I think it might have been tagged as a Mets card. Tom Terrific has two cards in the set, though. One Mets and one Reds. Shoulda included a White Sox and Red Sox as well.

2009 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary Josh Hamilton. One of 10 Hamiltons from this 2500 card set. My 2nd. Yeesh.

1995 Topps Cyberstats Reggie Sanders, 2008 Upper Deck Documentary, 2006 Ultra Ryan Jorgensen (it says Reds on that silver line, I swear), 2009 O-Pee-Chee Brandon Phillips. All missing from my collection no longer.

A most excellent package, 2x3 Heroes.

Go Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment