Monday, December 23, 2013

Sportlots Card Dump - West Coast Edition

I've been tearing up Sportlots of late. Got tons and tons of scans to get up, which will happen in small chunks over the course of many moons. Not much to say about a lot of these, as they're merely modern commons.

Now, why, Red Cardboard, is this a 'West Coast Edition'? Well, my third-person friend. That's because today we're looking at the oft ignored card brand of PACIFIC! Woo!

We all know of Pacific's flooding of the junk era, so I'll spare you a typical rant. I've mostly avoided them. But I picked up a bunch lately. So here we go, lazy collage-style.

My favorites are the 'Eight Men Out' cards. Least favorite are the 'Online' cards, which I do not understand.

Go Reds.



4 comments:

  1. Pacific's "Eight Men Out" release is easily one of my favorite sets ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're to thank for introducing me to it via a trade package.

      Delete
  2. I like a number of the Pacific sets, when they didn't stray too far into "gaudy" territory.

    The one and only appeal of Pacific Online is that it was a big set with nothing but players, so there are players in Online that didn't often get a card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i did notice the checklist had like 30 Reds. i suppose im obligated to pursue it.

      Delete