Saturday, December 21, 2013

CHOO

Of course, up top here I'm pushing for your vote in the current leg of the Ridiculous Card Tournament Finals Bracket. Sidebar is over there ------>

-------------------------------------------------

So the inevitable has happened. Shin-Soo Choo is no longer a Red. He went to Texas for a 7-year, $130 million deal. It's my understanding that we would've spent the money, but not for 7 years. Unless something drastic happens, it seems clear that Billy Hamilton will take his place as a full time starter. Choo was a fantastic lead off hitter, and I hate that we only had him for one year. But, hey, this isn't an analysis blog. It's a card blog, dangit. So how 'bout some sweet cardage?

It seems I've gathered 18 Choo cards this year. According to Beckett, there exist 139 of Choo as a Red. So I've CRUSHED the 10% barrier. Boom. Here they be.

2013 Topps Heritage. The first Choo released as a Red. Very convincing photoshop job.

2013 Gypsy Queen base and mini.

2013 Triple Play. My favorite Choo. I don't particularly care for Triple Play, but this one resonates.

2013 Bowman base, Silver Ice, Gold, and Chrome. Silver Ice is badass. The Reds' batting practice jerseys are not.

2013 Topps Chrome regular and refractor. Sooooo shiiiiiney.

2012 and 2013 Panini Prizm. Both released in 2013. I honestly don't remember which is which. I think the 2013 is on the left.

2013 Allen & Ginter's. Good lookin card.

2013 Pinnacle. Throw some official logos on here and I'd LOVE this set.



2013 Topps Opening Day Blue Sparkle, Toys-R-Us Purple, and base.



2013 Topps Update. Topps put out so many Choos this year, but couldn't sneak one into the flagship until the update series.

Godspeed, Mr. Choo. Go Reds.

No comments:

Post a Comment