Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New Mem

Racking up the memorabilia cards lately. Snagged four new additions to the Mangled Jersey binder, below. I want to hate the notion of mem cards. I just can't. Like everything else in the industry, it's out-of-hand and a threat to dive entirely of the rails. But whatever. If it's dirt cheap and a Red, it becomes mine very quickly. Let's have a lookie...
2008 UD Masterpieces Captured on Canvas Brandon Phillips. Nice raised-paper border. Could use a little more photo, but otherwise a decent pickup.

2005 Upper Deck ESPN Sportscenter Swatches Adam Dunn. I suppose it was inevitable that ESPN intruded the hobby. There were the Dan Patrick and Keith Olbermann Big Show cards from '97 or so. A few other minor crossovers as well. I'm kind of surprised there isn't more, to be honest. It seems we'd be the correct demographic for The Mother Ship. Ah well. Decent card, anyway.

Another Dunn, 2004 Topps Finest Relics. I suppose this design is a Minority Report/Total Recall-style futuristic thing. Or at least what people in the 1980's thought the world would be like around now. Kind of silly.

Closing us out, 2010 Topps Peak Performance Relics Johnny Cueto. My 7th Cueto Relic. Second only to my 35 Adam Dunn relics. Tough row to hoe, Johnny.

Go Reds.




No comments:

Post a Comment