Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2013 Bowman Mailday

Nabbed the Reds team set from Bowman's latest release a few days ago. While painfully similar to last year's, I like these better, for no discernable reason. Let's take a gander...
 
First nine, numerically. Votto card is lookin pretty cool. And my Choos keep piling up, which is just fine by me (I've said it before, pay this man A-Rod money). Now that I study these, I'm not entirely sure what the red flaps on the sides are supposed to be. POV looking out a catcher's mask, maybe? Moving on...

The rest of the set. Cingrani rookie. Sweet. Frazier and Bruce look kinda goofy. Parallels, you ask?...

Delivered. Snagged 8 of the 13 Golds. Solid. Lastly...


Some Chrome prospecting. I know nothing about Tanner Rahier or Jeff Gelalich other than I now own one card of each and they're currently toiling away with the Single A Dayton Dragons. Also picked up the Blue Sapphire Retro Rookie Insert (or whatever garish title it has) of Joey Votto. A nice reprint of his first Bowman card from 2002, coated in bluish refractoritude. Only a dozen or so cards in this set. Nice to see a Red in there.

Good stuff. Go Redlegs.

No comments:

Post a Comment