Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mini-Show Wrap Up

Little 5 dealer show yesterday. Not much, but it kept me tided over til the huge show in Columbus in early May. Picked up some good stuff. Also got some trades in and some ebay steals. Solid few days. Leading off...
I nabbed 21 of the 22 Gypsy minis from the 2013 set. I'm only missing the Votto regular print. I didn't even realize I was this close to the entire set with my pile, else I would have triple checked this dude's inventory. Now I have an easy mission to get the missing card. I don't know exactly how shortly printed the Chapman, Morgan, Votto, Cueto, and Bench variations are, but I practically stole them. So hopefully they're rarer than the dealer realized. Score. Next up...

Sweet vintage auto! McCool played 5 years for the Reds. Also has an excellent name. More autos...

Boom. Brett Tomko, Russ Nixon, Ted Power, Juan Carlos Sulbaran, Scott Ruskin, Pete Schourek, Chris Jones, Brandon Waring, and Chris Valaika. Sulbaran and Waring haven't made a major league roster yet, but I'm hoping they both do. Continuing, two "official" autos...

2010 Bowman Sterling Travis Wood and 2012 Elite Extra Dan Langfield. Both excellent looking cards. I'm organizing an epic TTM flurry, so hopefully the autos will be rolling in, en masse, over the next few months. Next up...

Three of the Wrapper Redemption Blue Sparklies. Only 150 were printed of each, but they're surprisingly not serial numbered. Solid, nonetheless. More...
Handful of refractors. Soooooo shiiiiiiiney. More...

6 Larkins to add to the sidebar. Will get to that at some point. Good photo on the Ultra. MORE...

Some random goodness. Votto die-cut I'd never seen before. It's thicker than most relic cards, and oddly heavy. Doesn't feel like a card. Still cool. Latos is serialed out of 999. I always love the Gypsy Queen paper border cards. Nice to nab a Cueto. The Phillips Sticky Fingers is a cool design. I wish there was a second bee on the right, for symmetry. It's bothering me more than it should. Now, to close 'er up...

Five brand new Griffeys. Well, new to me, anyway. Who doesn't love a fresh pile of Griffeys? Decent pickups lately. I also have a big ol' pile of stuff that didn't make the cut today. Set fillers and such. They will proudly grace my albums, just not this post. So this has got me all riled up for the super show in 3 weeks. But I will soldier on. Go Reds.



No comments:

Post a Comment